The Cape Town & Western Cape Convention Bureau is a strategic business unit of Wesgro, the official Tourism, Trade & Investment Promotion Agency for Cape Town and the Western Cape. We promote our destination as the premier place for meetings, incentives, conferences, events, exhibitions and trade fairs. Our province is an inspiring place to meet and do business. We are here to help you every step of the way, from all aspects of meeting, incentive and exhibition planning, handling bid and proposal submissions to providing visitor information for delegates. +27 (0)21 487 8600 | email@example.com
why cape town & western cape ?
a centre of knowledge
• Cape Town and the Western Cape is an intellectual magnet, with four world-class universities and other research institutions in fields as diverse as astronomy, science, medicine and social politics
• It is also the legislative capital of South Africa
• The destination is fertile ground for intellectual dialogue and the exchange of ideas
• Investment in technology and IT sectors are establishing Cape Town as the centre of Africa’s development in these fields
• Cape Town International Airport is served by more than 20 international airlines on a weekly basis, linking the destination to global hubs like Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Dubai, Singapore and London (and a wide variety of other connections via Johannesburg)
• The city is an overnight flight from any European destination
• The airport is situated 20 minutes from the city centre
• On arrival, access to ground transport is simple and convenient, with taxis and coaches the most obvious options
• Our modern public transport system conveniently connect the city with the MyCiti Bus service
• We enjoy a moderate Mediterranean climate
value for money
• The destination is recognised internationally as one of the most affordable business tourism and incentive travel destinations in the world.
room for everyone
• Cape Town and the Western Cape has an extensive selection of first-class hotels that promise guests pleasurable experiences; from 5-star hotels to excellent bed and breakfast establishments
• Cape Town boasts more than 20 000 rooms
• Cape Town has consistently been voted as one of the world’s favourite tourist destinations
• The city’s global profile as a modern and convenient city, secures high delegate numbers
wining and dining
• A variety of wine areas are within a short driving distance from the Cape Town city centre
• The destination’s many restaurants serve traditional or contemporary Cape and international cuisine
• Cape Town and the Western Cape is a cosmopolitan destination, where cultural diversity is welcomed
• Immigration from Europe and Africa has given the city an exciting vibrancy, adding to its creativity
• A wealth of artistic and musical talent, opera, ballet, drama and comedy are always on offer
• While French and German are becoming increasingly common with immigration from Europe as well as West and Central Africa, the main business language in Cape Town and the Western Cape is English
business tourism infrastructure
• There are a host of world-class multi-purpose venues to choose from, including the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC), an impressive, architecturally striking city landmark
• The destination also has an excellent support system for hosting any event, from the largest convention to smaller, innovative themed events
world-class convention centre
• Conveniently located in the city centre, with immediate access to the national highways
• Just 20 minutes from Cape Town International Airport
• 6000 all-star rating hotel rooms within walking distance
wide variety of activities and tours
• Cape Town and the Western Cape offers a wide variety of tours and activities to suit all tastes
• Tours range from visits to the Cape Winelands, Cape Point and Table Mountain, shopping at one of the local markets or simply enjoying a leisurely stroll through the wide variety of world-class shopping areas
• The province is also a paradise for sports and adrenaline fanatics and offers, world famous golf courses, hiking, fishing, and mountain-biking in and around the Peninsula
professional world-class service providers
Professional infrastructure for congresses includes:
• An established Convention Bureau to deliver quality services for bid production and more
• Logistical support for meeting planners, travel agents and corporations
• Access to trained professionals and a sufficient pool of service suppliers
back to top
Meetings, events and incentives
meetings and congresses
Cape Town and the Western Cape is the perfect choice for your meeting. It’s a destination that offers flexibility, diversity and hands-on support. We are proud of our custom-built centres designed to top international specifications, our diverse range of facilities at hotels, educational institutions and theatres and we can guarantee you a world-class experience. As an accessible location our conference venues range from country lodges to large exhibition centres in the bustling, vibrant city of Cape Town.
Major conference venues (accommodate over 500 delegates):
incentive travel experiences
Cape Town and the Western Cape has a large range of incentive programmes. Add to this a rich and inspiring mixture of culture, natural beauty, history, modern facilities and world-class cuisine and award-winning wines and you’ve got the perfect itinerary. It is a destination alive with creativity, colour, sounds and tastes, making it the ideal Incentive Travel Destination.
We offer various options for varying budgets and accommodate all nationalities and business profiles. The options here are endless. From luxury 5-star breakaways, creative and adventure filled events, to corporate social and upliftment programmes. There’s no doubt that you’ll fall in love with our people, natural beauty and creative spirit.
exhibitions and events
Cape Town & the Western Cape is the ideal place for exhibitions and offers a wide variety of custom-built and multi-purpose venues that are ideal for commercial exhibitions. Exceptional trade and consumer shows are hosted with ease and there is a full range of supporting services on offer.
back to top
bestcities global alliance
Make your convention a BestCities Global Alliance experience.
BestCities is a global convention bureau alliance that delivers the best professional practices and services to congress Planners. In an industry known for its wide range of services and standards, BestCities promises clients quality, expertise and professionalism.
The Alliance has established the industry’s first global client Service Charter to guarantee meeting planners and association executives service levels built around reliability, assurance, innovation, empathy and responsiveness.
The Alliance comprises 12 members: Berlin, Bogota, Cape Town, Chicago, Copenhagen, Dubai, Edinburgh, Houston, Melbourne, Singapore, Tokyo and Vancouver.
For more information, please visit:
back to top
Contact us on +27 (0)21 487 8600 | firstname.lastname@example.org
We can help you meet and do business in our inspiring province. Here is how:
Pre and post bid assistance
• Bid feasibility study, guideline interpretation and relevant research coordination
• Bid production and presentation
• Bid promotion support material
• Bid site inspection (flight arrangements excluded)
Convention planning support
• Site inspection
• Introduction to service suppliers
• Communications support
• Building attendance
• Destination web links to conference websites
• Delegate boosting and marketing the destination at the prior conference
On-site event services
• Visitor information
• Welcome banners
• Post-event servicing
• Post-event evaluation
• BestCities Global Alliance introduction
We also assist with accommodation options, destination information, facilitation of stakeholder engagement and marketing intelligence
incentives, corporate meetings and exhibitions
The Cape Town & Western Cape Convention Bureau assist planners with finding the most appropriate venues, service providers and provide destination information that will be suitable based on event profiles.
trade associations and service providers
South Africa offers an advanced and very developed congress, tourism and events industry. A number of local associations control and manage the standards and development of the local industry. When working with local suppliers, we recommend clients use members of these associations.
back to top
Request for proposal
If you wish to host an Event, Exhibition or Convention with us, please send an email to email@example.com